lsc research program
The LIGO Scientific Collaboration maintains a vigorous research program covering all aspects of gravitational wave science, including the design, development, and characterization of large scale gravitational wave detectors, development of data analysis techniques and algorithms for searching for gravitational waves using detector data, understanding the astrophysical implications of our searches, and conducting fundamental and applied research needed for developing future gravitational wave detectors which can probe deeper in the universe.
The LSC Program document outlines the Collaboration’s priorities for the research, development, design, commissioning, and operation of current and future ground-based gravitational wave detectors. It also discusses the LSC's plans for the development, implementation, and interpretation of gravitational-wave searches and observations, as well as the services and management necessary for the operation of the collaboration.
Read the latest version of the LSC Program document.
Learn more about LSC research by reading the white papers below.
LSC White Papers
- The LSC-Virgo-KAGRA Operations White Paper (2022-2023 Edition)
- The LSC-Virgo-KAGRA Observational Science White Paper (2022-2023 Edition)
- The LSC-Virgo-KAGRA White Paper on Communications, Education and Public Outreach (2022-2023 Edition)
- The LSC Instrument Science White Paper (2022-2023 Edition)
- LSC Governance, Collaboration Standards and Services White Paper (2022-2023 Edition)